Sanyam, a Master of Applied Computing (MAC) student at the University of Windsor, is the first and only GitHub Campus Expert in the Windsor-Essex region. When it comes to technical know-how, he is a full-stack web developer, cloud engineer, and data scientist.
As the co-founder and technical team lead at Winhacks (Windsor's first major hackathon), he led and solidified partnerships with key organizations such as Digital Ocean, independently, requiring very little supervision and guidance. Not only WinHacks, but he has also coordinated 2 additional hackathons with 500 attendees at a minimal cost that served as a bridge between job seekers and recruiters.
The interpersonal skills that he gained while organizing campus events in association with GitHub are remarkable. The Managing Employees course that he pursued in his masters played a crucial role in honing his time management and teamwork abilities where teams of random students were assigned case studies on Fortune 500 companies and every team was to present their researched work strictly in 10 minutes.
• Motivated and led technical team of 40 WinHackers and took strategic initiatives to collaborate with Discord
• Performed testing and performance tuning on the Twitch.tv for the live stream for the 3-day event
• Coordinated WinHacks’ website development with strong focus on technical design development strategy
• Cleaned and analyzed real world large datasets of company's clients using Pandas, NumPy and Matplotlib
libraries to increase company profits and assist with strategic planning
• Educated thousands of students with data science skills (import from data sources, data visualization) on
India’s largest e-learning platform
• Achieved more than 250 followers and 10,000 minutes plus watch time
• Created a multi-user blogging platform that enables an authenticated user to perform CRUD operations on
blog posts using private dashboard, search, comment and like other users’ posts using tags and categories
• Applied server-side rendering with Next.js, role-based authorization system and Google analytics
• Developed friendly chatbot that allows program coordinators to use an admin featured design view, to
update the information using API hooks, diminishing the volume of emails from international students by
• Used test driven approach in order to troubleshoot technical issues
• Analyzed and predicted whether or not a patient has diabetes based on certain diagnostic measures such as
glucose concentration, BMI, skin thickness, etc using PIMA diabetes dataset from Kaggle
• Used Random Forest and XGBoost algorithms with 75% and 77% accuracy rate respectively